Participants will learn about:
- The stratigraphy of the important Cretaceous and Tertiary sequences of the UAE that are regional petroleum reservoir rocks.
- Details of carbonate and clastic rock textures and sedimentary structures.
- Ancient sedimentary environments.
- Late Alpine fold and fault structures, mesoscopic fracture and dissolution features.
- Features of the Late Cretaceous, Eocene-Early Oligocene succession in Al Ain area will be visited at Jabal Hafit.
||Departure from Hili Rayhaan Rotana
|08:30 – 09:15
||Stop 1: Western limb of Jabal Hafit
|09:30 – 10:15
||Stop 2: Eastern limb of Jabal Hafit
|10:45 – 11:30
||Stop 3: Al Mubazara Area
|12:00 – 12:45
||Stop 4: Along Jabal Hafit
|13:00 – 14:00
||Stop 5: Summit of Jabal Hafit
||Arrival at Hili Rayhaan Rotana
|| BUS DEPARTURE TO DUBAI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORTS